Reflections












I was looking through my old collections - I'm a fashion designer- and upon getting a (steady 9-5) job offer in New York, I was busy and on my way getting myself out there as a designer,

bc New York I was always hussling haha, dropping off clothing with stylists and photographers for magazine publications, doing styling gigs myself, I loved it but was also affraid to be honest, I was never a shark, was too shy, I'm still too shy actually... so when I got the job offer it was easy, I was in New York, had a steady job, no stress and was doing what I loved, and yes... I burried my big dreams a bit.....

Strangly enough, I never thought I would pick up on Designing again, I did think a lot about it, I mean... seeing my college friends planting jobs at Balmain!! boy, did I feel stupid for having not persuid the oppurtunities back then!! But I was shopping shoes non stop so no complaints there :)

And then, on a blue moon I made those embellished tights, for fun and myself, all of the sudden after 4 years I made something again, and I never expected those little basterds to make their little way to even Vogue.com

and actually designing again hahaSo here I am back home in Europe for a bit going through all my sketches, drawings and designs, I don't think I will ever be a buisness person though, when I design I'm so busy making the "perfect" garments and concept that my mind is far from manufactoring and production let alone selling, but I love doing it....
:)

I'm wearing a hand dyed silk straped and draped top, a gray leather with swarovski embellished skirt (both designed by me) An Alexander Wang blazer ( tucked in the skirt ) Zara boots

x


UPDATE

I found these suede peep toe lace-up's (Ann Demeulemeester knock off's) at freepeople, you can find them HERE FOR $198

0 comments:

Post a Comment